Programmatic Yield Analyst
Location: Fremont, CA
Employee Type: Full Time
Department: Media Operations
Manager: Director of Programmatic Services
Education: Solid math background including experience with statistics and related analysis methodologies
Experience: 2+ years in pricing, yield management or sales analytics for an ad exchange, ad tech vendor, publisher or agency.
Vdopia is the global programmatic buying and selling platform for mobile and online video advertising. As a mobile-first, technology driven company, we empower brands and publishers to run mobile and online video ads in an effortless and seamless manner using our proprietary .VDO technology. Vdopia is a privately held, venture-backed company headquartered in Silicon Valley with 9 offices across the globe.
As a company with cutting-edge solutions empowered by technology, we are searching for a talented, high energy professional to effectively manage our campaign operations. This role is focused on analyzing data generated by our mobile video exchange Chocolate and using insights to drive increased revenue. The Programmatic Yield Analyst develops insights using a combination of domain knowledge and data analysis skills and communicates those insights to the wider team.
- Maximize delivery, revenue, and margin performance for impressions sold programmatically
- Analyze exchange data from a variety of different sources (BigQuery, MetaMarkets, etc)
- Collaborate with Product and Operations to develop and test ad revenue programs
- Develop and set up tests to drive additional revenue and profit
- Highlight insights to Operations and Exec team so that action can be taken on these insights
- Develop dashboards to report on key performance metrics / test results
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Solid math background including experience with statistics and related analysis methodologies
- 2+ years in pricing, yield management or sales analytics for an ad exchange, ad tech vendor, publisher or agency.
- Exposure to programmatic, ideally from an ad tech perspective
- Familiarity with mobile advertising technology.
- Fundamental knowledge of ad targeting methodologies
- Ability to investigate, analyze & solve problems, and clearly communicate results
- Advanced Excel expertise. Experience with MS Access, VBA/Excel Macros, SQL, Python, SAS or other data manipulation tools a strong plus
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team
- Undergraduate and/or Master's degree in Mathematics, Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science or equivalent quantitative experience.